View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 08:17 AM   #125 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismolucino View Post
Thats from tbs, ported upper and lower, under drive pulleys, and clutch and flywheel (which i know doesn't add power) thats all the changes Ive done this year. What bothers me is that my friend had his nismo tuned today right after me at r/t. He has fi catback, test pipes, and stillen g3s and put down 316 whp and 259 ftlbs. However even though my hp is lower than expected, my car is putting down a decent amount of torque. Im still going to do the compression test just to be safe. I did go to the track today but it didnt go well so the times aren't even worth mentioning. Im still dialing in the grab point with my csc elimination kit and it was the first time at the track with it. I have clutch engagement issues, I cant power shift into 2nd or 3rd, but it does fine when I ease into the gears. All the times I power shifted it locked me out of 3rd and I grinded 2nd one time. Im thinking I may have to remove my rjm clutch pedal, it may be too much adjustment now with the adjustable external slave cylinder. Im going to try swapping my factory pedal and see if that changes anything.

these are the mods
Stillen Gen 3 Intakes
Bored Throttle Bodies by Maxbore
Ported Upper & Lower Intake Manifold by Synergy
ARK Grip V2 Catback Exhaust W/ Burnt Tips
CNT Racing Resonated Test Pipes
NST Underdrive Pulleys

that dyno graph shows my current numbers compared to last years dyno graph(thats what the lower lines are, not today's baseline) Last year the mods were
Stillen Gen 3 Intakes
ARK Grip V2 Catback Exhaust W/ Burnt Tips
CNT Racing Resonated Test Pipes
and with that I put down 309whp and 259 ftlbs.

Im curious as to why my power drops too scott. It was like that last tune too so its not something to do with the new mods. Im starting to lean towards the test pipes.
What gear? I'm gonna guess 5th. If you were SAE you'd be about 309hp which is about where I am with those mods, but lower. The mismatched parts like me may not be getting along. I still can't figure why I'm 10ish hp from everyone else I've sold to and been there during the dyno. Seems we're in the same boat but you should be higher With the lighter pulley and possibly lighter flywheel.

Last edited by synolimit; 05-30-2015 at 08:39 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote