View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 07:59 AM   #568 (permalink)
Misnomer
Base Member

Drives: 2020 BMW M240i
Misnomer is on a distinguished road

Yesterday I decided to replace the entire clutch assembly. The guy at the shop said he agrees with the Nissan recommendation because it's the only way to ensure no further clutch issues, and he also agreed that by the time both the SC and MC were replaced I'd be most of the way to a total replacement anyway. He ordered a heavy-duty kit, with the same kind of clutch I already have, that he says should last the life of the car. The estimate to get it out the door (parts/labor/etc.) is ~$2500. I know some will think I should have tried replacing just the SC and MC, or even started with just the SC, but I'm generally not a fan of "wait and see." I tend to quickly get to a point where I'd rather spend more money but know I won't ever have to worry about it again. I've (mostly) made peace with the cost, and right now I just want my car back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent K View Post
Well, I got my car back from the dealership today. According to the service manager, Nissan technical bulletin recommended flushing fluid and replacing with fluid used in the GT-R. I drove it around a little bit; the clutch feels normal...so far, so good. I hope this does the trick.
Awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Misnomer is offline   Reply With Quote