View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 06:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
POS VETT
Track Member

Drives: Z34|C4LT4|C6Z06|V25
POS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, I will find the source where it says that CA doesn't allow a RHD car to be driven on its roads. Also, find the regulations on the states you would travelling through about a vehicle in transit. I believe CA would let you drive a car without a plate for a while, or, if the car was registered in the state of CA, the plate stayed with the car anyway.

Secondly, to have it delivered to your parents' house is an option that I would have chosen if you couldn't be there to take delivery personally. I still think it's a bad idea not to be there to purchase and inspect a second-hand vehicle.

Lastly, as far as transportation goes, I wouldn't trust this car to an average open transporter. In general, an enclosed transporter usually is a better choice; it would be much more expensive, but it would be worth it for a car that's quite expensive to begin with. Personally, I would try to transport this myself, but I don't know you and your experience with a pickup truck/SUV and a trailer.

Now, having said all those, there is something to be gained about driving the car from CA to UT. I'd say it would be an adventure. Just make sure you have multiple contingency plans for the trip. It's not for me, I want the knowledge and the comfort of hauling the car home myself.
POS VETT is offline   Reply With Quote