View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 11:19 PM   #730 (permalink)
AK370Z
Administrator

Drives: 09 370Z MB Sports M6
AK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond reputeAK370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneZ View Post
Reading this thread. Looks like this car requires a bit more effort to get the job done. Interesting.
True .. in a way.. but that's bc I'm ocd and I like to do it perfectly. You can just pull the back flip (held by only 3 screws and do the oil change. Maybe a bit messy and you may get oil on under tray. It takes 10 min to remove 10 screws, so why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinPark View Post
I've never cut my filter open to look at it but I've seen stuff on the tip of the magnetic drain plug. I thought there were pics on the web of folks who had cut the filters in half and you could see the stuff trapped on the side of the filter. If you don't want to spring for the $25 and put it on then don't. I know I sleep better at night knowing it's on there.
I should just stop being lazy and cut one of the filter. I need a good hacksaw though

I just want to update everyone that my car turned over 93,000 miles and still running like a boss for being a 6 1/2 year old car. This Redline oil combo with purolator filter worked awesome. No complain. I def. don't baby the car. Almost every Sunday I redline the living crap outta it at autox venues and Z comes out winning class or podium finishes in competitive regions. So if someone ask me "is this redline with purolator is a good combo?" I can most certainly tell them "yes. it is. I think we have enough data to say it now." I changed to redline at 3600 miles.
My Monterey Blue Z ll My Exhaust --> My Intake --> G3
Nissan's Official Response Regarding Oil Temp Issue: CLICK HERE
Need a Set of Cheap Winter wheels /Tires? Then Visit The Banner Link Below and Place Your Order. You'll Help Keep The370Z Alive.
AK370Z is offline   Reply With Quote