View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #559 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post
I know you're trying to be helpful, but if I had a nickel for every time someone on this forum has told me how "super easy" some adjustment or replacement or modification is...

I'll repeat: I'm not mechanically inclined. I don't want to be. "You can do it yourself" = NO. Any adjustment, no matter how small, would require taking my car to a shop. Even if it's just a 15-minute thing, that's time, hassle, and money I simply see no point in dealing with when the HD replacement part is cheaper and a perfectly good fix.
Fair enough. I completely understand your position. But I do know there are a number of forum members, including myself, that would gladly do the adjustment for free (or maybe a beer )

As long as you don't have the HD CSC paired with a SPEC clutch, you should be absolutely fine. It is quite worry free, as you have stated. The main benefit of the Z1 kit I like is if I ever have problems with it in the future, I don't have to drop the transmission (for me that is worth more than the trouble of having to adjust it once a year). And while I don't have the need for it at this time, Z1 also sells replacement cylinders (for a track day spare as they say) for only $60.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote