View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #557 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post
That sucks, Agent K!!

Yes. I'd rather get the HD replacement, because (a) it's cheaper, and (b) Z1 states "this product may require adjustment through the life of the clutch." I'm not mechanically inclined (and have no interest in becoming so), and the Z1 part is potentially high-maintenance -- and more expensive, both initially and every time I have to get it adjusted.
FWIW, the adjustment is super easy. It is literally unscrewing a bolt with a lock nut and then loosening two nuts to turn the rod one time. Tighten the two nuts and then reinstall the bolt and lock nut. You can do it yourself with a couple of wrenches, a jack, and a jack stand. And any shop that charges you for more than 15 minutes of their time for the adjustment is ripping you off.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote