View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
HulaGirl
Track Member

Drives: 370Z Base Man Pearl
HulaGirl has a reputation beyond reputeHulaGirl has a reputation beyond reputeHulaGirl has a reputation beyond reputeHulaGirl has a reputation beyond reputeHulaGirl has a reputation beyond reputeHulaGirl has a reputation beyond reputeHulaGirl has a reputation beyond reputeHulaGirl has a reputation beyond reputeHulaGirl has a reputation beyond reputeHulaGirl has a reputation beyond reputeHulaGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default I think I got a killer deal...

and if I didn't please be kind in breaking the news to me. I'm only sorry I did not think to look for a Z forum last Friday to get some other opinions.

Last week as I was driving home I saw a 2004 350Z at the Hyundai dealership. Pulled in, went for a test drive and they wanted me to take it home and who am I to say no? I got it down to the price I thought it was worth but hubby was afraid we were buying a problem. I finally agreed that he was right (initially I was not rational because I've wanted a Z car for 40 years and here's one with the right price and never mind the ongoing cost of a car that age and a car I know little about!)

I wanted to read more about the 2004 Z on the Hyundai used car website and what pops up? It's a 2015 Sport Man in Pearl White. Car fax says it was purchased 2/13 at a local Nissan dealership but by 4/13 it apparently was traded in at Hyundai with 2740 miles on it. So, the dealership offered to give me the car Sat morning and drive it to Monday morning. It was stickered at well over $32,000 (not quite my price range) but again, who am I to say no? We had it on the parkway, a nice curvy road and in residential areas.

Monday morning- time to turn in the car or make a deal. I started a Z car fund in 2001 but life happens and other things take priority but still, some money down available. My husband and I agreed on a number that would work for us. Without making this any longer, they named their best price, I named what I will willing to give along with the terms (cash, trade, finance) and the deal was made in no time at all.

So, I got 2015 Sport with 2740 miles on it (okay, a few more miles since I drove all I could those 2 days) for $27,000.00 even. Gave them a Rogue that was going out of the 5 yr warranty pretty much the same day, some cash, added an extended warranty for 70,000/7 years and financed the small balance for a minimal monthly payment at nominal interest rate.

So, how did I do?

Last edited by HulaGirl; 05-29-2015 at 07:44 AM.
HulaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote