View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 06:05 AM   #102 (permalink)
KoolKarmaJoe
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' Nissan 370Z R M6
KoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antistupid View Post
I did this about 2 months ago, haven't posted my pics yet. Install was simple and really straight forward. Good write up by the OP. +rep for that good sir.

I have noticed that my cruising (70mph) oil temp doesn't hit the 220-230 like it use to, I'm not sure if this is 100% due to the ducting but Ill take even 210 @ 70mph all day. the oil cooler should handle the rest!

I have noticed a incredible amount of large debris in my airbox, as stated by the OP regarding air filter cleaning intervals. Keep them clean more often and vacuum out the bugs, flowers, grass, and sand. This debris doesn't worry me, but the following does;

After a short drive home in the rain, storm I should say, from work (5miles, under 45mph) last week I did notice that I grabbed some moisture on/around my filters. The intake above the filters was DRY, so don't misunderstand me. In the airbox I didn't notice any beading/pooling of water, but it was clearly damp. The filter also must have soaked some moisture as the K&N oil had been displaced (very slightly). We tend to get some serious rain down here, and generally humid days, so I will be keeping an eye on them when the roads are wet.

My remedy may be simple. I ordered 2 AEM bypass valves which I have on my Sentra (VQ35HR swap). I plan to install them on the aluminum couplings. I haven't decided yet as to whether I will install them at the beginning of the line (bumper) or end (airbox). I think available space will make the determination. I will try to post some photos when this is complete and my verdict.
Did you get AEM By Pass Valves installed? Where did you decide on placement?
KoolKarmaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote