Thread: CJM Oil Pan
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 12:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I considered doing that, but I didn't do it. But I sure can if you like that! I can take the same ball cutter that worked in the heat sinking surface on the bottom, and run it a little less deep to create a valley inbetween the bolts.

Another thing I plan to add to the production pan is a recess in the flange for pounding in a pry tool for removal without banging up visible surfaces. I also thought about possible a threaded hole or two to threads bolts into that push on the upper pan to ease later separation.

Yes, I would like that. I also like the idea of at least 2 pry points to get the pan off if needed without damaging it.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote