View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
SmoothZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: giant sandworm
SmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedworks View Post
This still doesn't say much unless we knew the conditions. I could take the best wheel in the world, and under the right circumstances, bust it like this.

I will never forget a few years ago when I was at the Petit LeMans and Audi prototype shredded a mesh wheel under acceleration (didn't even hit anything). The wheel looked exactly like this pic, with all of the mesh spokes broke. Would you say BBS was quality, I sure would.

Reps or not, wheels can break, under any condition. And just because one rep wheel breaks, it doesn't mean others do as well - same with higher quality wheels, just because one doesn't break, doesn't mean all others won't break.
A brand name doesn't ensure high quality ALL the time.

"I talk to myself, and when I do that, I know I'm talking to an intelligent person."
SmoothZ is offline   Reply With Quote