View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 01:32 PM   #40 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Phunk,

In for oil pump gears and backing plate upgrade. Already in for the pan as per our convos.

Quick ?

The nismo oil pump adverts billet grears and is only considered "safe" upbto around 8k rpms. How will these be better. Besides price, nismo pump os around $1300 so even if theyre equivalent, yours are still far better value.
I will dig up more information. I dont believe the NISMO pump changed the backing plate. I also dont know if the NISMO pump has had problems on the HR/VHR like it did with the DE. Everyone that has personally told me about a NISMO pump exploding was running a DE. Supposedly the HR engines have some sort of improved crankshaft design that doesnt experience as much vibration. I will probably have to call JWT about it since they have had their hands in most worthwhile NA VQ builds and have a wealth of information.