View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 11:35 PM   #48 (permalink)
MyZ4U2C
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th Z #51, 15 FozXT
MyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
I live at 9k feet in Colorado. I ran pilot A/S3s this last winter and the Z is STILL almost un-drivable in packed snow. I was hoping to get enough grip to at least run and errand in snow, but the Pilot Sport A/S is a FAIL in snow. Their only saving grace is that they are not damaged by driving on dry days when its cold outside. Some tires are not to be driven at less then 30 degrees outside air temp...

run summer tires in summer and go with dedicated snow tires in the white stuff (blizzaks perhaps)

It's the big, light, wide, super torqued back end that is the problem. I usually can keep the front pointing but the back end goes full Tokyo drift mode at every bend in the road. I am not driving aggressively at all just trying to creep around my twisty hilly neighborhood.
Good to know, thanks for the info! I dont plan to drive much in winter at all, I was going to drive a Subaru for 4 months. Was just curious if I ran into light snow as the weather, much like Colorado can change on a whim.