View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 09:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Synergy View Post
What's the likely hood of a performance gain? My last dyno even with ported Tb's, upper, lower and 2.75" intakes at 7k you can start to see a fall on the red which is 5th gear. I could only imagine it getting worse. The blue 4th gear does seem to be rising though.

PS I'll admit something's not right with my parts. Tunes perfect but with all the custom parts I'm not doing what others do power wise.
The oil pump gears wont help produce power at higher RPM. Although, understand that you do not have to produce as much power in a lower gear to accelerate faster than the next gear up. Even if your HP as started to fall, your car will usually accelerate its quickest to rev the engine as high as you can due to torque multiplication of the transmission. Of course once it has fallen to a certain low, that is no longer true... and for each scenario you have to do the math.