View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 02:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
NefariousZ34
Base Member

Drives: 15 MB Nismo Z MT
NefariousZ34 is on a distinguished road
Default CEL after berks HFC install

I've been driving it daily with no issues until tonight I drove it hard for about a quarter mile no problem. Continued driving normally I get to pharmacy turn it off. Go in for about an hour come back out turn it on and CEL comes on. I'm a little shocked I bought them new with their hardware and gaskets.

I thought I was golden since I just hit over 200 miles after install. So I did the CEL reset and took a quick test drive. Got on it pretty hard to see if it would replicate. No issue.

So my real question is this. I'm prone to have problems which is why I was hesitant to get the HFCs to begin with but everyone swore by Berks so I did. It was installed professionally by a Z specialty shop. So since I did the CEL reset is there a chance I will be good or will I be looking at it popping back up again? the car is at 17XX miles. I had them installed at 1490ish

If you guys think this is going to be an on going issue I might just go back to stock cats. I would hate to see my new car with a CEL every couple hundred miles. I do see the gasket pressed out a little on the driver side a little over hang of sorts but I think that wouldn't cause any issues since it's behind the CEL.

I did my searches and everyone seems not to have an issue and those who did it was things like bad or no gaskets during the install. It still sounds great and I love it. With an intake and HFC is it possible that it's running too lean.

Don't want to run into the stealer ship and them say oh your warranty is void blah blah blah... Any input or thoughts would be appreciated. Last ques can I find out the code that was thrown without visiting the dealer?
NefariousZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote