View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 11:33 PM   #72 (permalink)
dP3NGU1N
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 PW sport 6mt
dP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruzero View Post
No offense but I can absolutely tell you're a kid. Only a kid's mentality would would consider it "bogus" to get a speeding ticket when they are in fact driving faster than the posted speed limit... Only a kid's mentality would think it should be up to them and every other individual on the road to determine how fast he/she should legally be able to drive on a public street...

It's a real talent, your ability to completely miss the point of what I've been advocating for. Did you bother to try to understand or did was it so far beyond your comprehension that you said "ahhh screw it I'm just gonna go full trolltard here." I'll start by pointing out that just because I go out of my way to help college student, doesn't mean I'm still a college student. But I guess if you consider anyone under 35 a child then I guess that's fair. Far be it for me to change your definition of age groups, you're more than entitled to your wrong opinion.

That said, let me do my best to reiterate the point for the slower among us:
1. The posted speed limit is a sham
2. Traffic surveys OFTEN (not always) recommend speeds that are higher relative to the posted speed limits for any given street.
3. Traffic surveys are IGNORED by municipalities because they want to pull more people over because the city gets more money that way
4. I want people to fight their tickets because it de-incentivises the city from using tickets as a money grab - more people fight, more judges need to make a ruling, some people get their money back, judges need to get paid, net result is less money for the city, preferably, it's a net negative for the city.

It's bogus because it's a money grab, not simply because it's the law. I bet you're one of those people that judges a movie before he sees it.

And no, 2 pics w/o any trial details doesnt change my view or my advise bc for every 2 there's a thousand instances of it not working and I think we all know that or everyone would be getting out of their tickets right?

Yeah, that's possible. But from my experience, no one so far who's tried to fight their ticket has lost. The one time I "lost" was due to a clerical error where they lost my paper work. I reopened the case and contested it and won. Is your only experience in the courts clerical work? By the way, there's a huge difference between criminal law and traffic law. Furthermore things are handled far differently between municipal courts and federal courts. You seem to have so much to say about the experience you have that simply doesn't apply to traffic law.

And never once did I say I had any issues with contesting tickets. But as an adult and a man Im not going to get upset or call it bogus to get a ticket for going beyond the posted limit when I knowingly and purposely did exactly that. Will i try to get out of it if i can? Sure, thats part of the game. But hey if I dont, the accountability falls on me not the "bogus" ticket writer...

And never once did I say you had any issues with contesting tickets. But since we're on the topic, for someone who doesn't have issues contesting tickets, you sure seem to be fighting pretty hard for him not to contest his ticket. Just saying.

If you have problems with the speed limits and really want to help other students there are more effective avenues to attempt bringing about change in laws, city ordinances, etc. But thinking or promoting the "Lets just ignore the sign bc we dont agree with it" is very likely to financially hurt more people than it helps...

Never told anyone to ignore the sign. There you go making up words you think you read, again.

Alas dP3NGU1N, good luck with it all though. Being a college kid myself before I know that even someone with a thousand times more experience on this topic and crim/civ pro isnt going to change how you see it hah.

Once again, just helping college students.

OP, good luck also. Learn to speed w/o getting so many tickets man lol. Or invest in a great detector hah.

Oh my, who's advocating for ignoring the sign now?

By the way, saying that you don't mean to be a d!ck doesn't make you not a d!ck. You're definitely still a d!ck. Same goes for "no offense". Seriously? What kind of person half apologizes before everything they say?

Last edited by dP3NGU1N; 05-22-2015 at 11:39 PM.
dP3NGU1N is offline   Reply With Quote