View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 03:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
Bshields22
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Black 370Z-R
Bshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPenvy View Post
I will agree with you. but with speed limits I do not. I follow them somewhat locally but highway nah. in PA the best we got is 60/65mph. i'm sorry that's not acceptable on a major highway.

speed limits haven't changed in about 30 years or so and cars/roads have.

only place that's advancing with the times is Texas and that 85mph highway or whatever they opened.

why is it that the USA is still thinking it's 1950 when places like Germany have the unrestricted autobahn? well maybe it's due to most us cars are typically garbage compared to their german rivals lol
Well said! I need to find the source i heard this from but i heard that there are far less traffic accidents on the autobahn then on the freeways here. Only caveat to that those is there is a slightly higher percentage of fatal accidents that do happen. In summary though, autobahn is safer than our freeways.

I feel that most of us on a daily basis go about 10-15 over the speed-limit for all speed limits. Only in ideal situations do we go 90-100 on the freeway or open highway in the middle of the desert, alone on the road. I think tickets should begin at at least 15-20 over. Anything should be able to be justified.
Bshields22 is offline   Reply With Quote