View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #470 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

The guy sitting next to me at work needed a brake job done on his car. Calls a crappy local shop and they look at it. He just got off the phone.

Shop: Yea, your pads are bad, you need new rotors, and something is causing them to heat up more than normal so you need a few caliper also
Guy: How could that happen? What will it cost me?
Shop: Not to sure. But new brakes and rotors for the rear will be $550
Guy: My I.T. guy at work just told me to hangup on you
Shop: So he works with computers and not cars?
Guy: He owns a sports car and I've seen him do brakes before in our parking lot when something broke
Shop: Oh....well we can't give your car back sicne it's not mechanically safe
Me stealing phone: I'll be over in 10 minutes with an officer to release my vehicle since you're basically holding it for ransom
Shop: It's rolling out of the garage now and will be parked in 10 minutes. It's yours.

People have some nerve..... $550 for rear rotors and brakes is asinine for a 2006 Mazda 3. I could do all 4 for under $400