View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 06:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Awgd8
Base Member

Drives: 2015 Q40 / 2008 EX35
Awgd8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Hey,

I had posted previously about a rattle/knock and after tinkering around I think I can describe it better. My car is a 7AT with stillen headers\test pipes and an akropovitch full system exhaust. It was tuned and one of the throttle maps from the forum was added. Basically the rattling occurs at the 2500 to 3000 rpm range and it sounds like it is coming from the engine area. It doesn't always happen but I can always reenact it as follows; semi-hard acceleration in a high gear (five or six) from low rpm (2000 rpm.) Is this knocking, pinging, timing or perhpas nothing? I had been driving for two years without a tune and only with the above parts and I believe this started happening after the tune. My car only has 33000 km and I'd be petrified to think that I have done something that is causing damage to my engine. What say you all? Thanks
Was it dyno tuned? Are you sure your tuner did not break a thing during the dyno? There is always a risk breaking stuff on the dyno...

BTW, I have a new throttle map design for the 370z let me know if you want to try it?
Awgd8 is offline   Reply With Quote