View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 11:41 PM   #553 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the real issue with the clutch is that it engages high without any modulation. It is hard to slip the clutch for a smooth engagement like other cars.

If you analyze the mechanics of that spring, the oem one actually make it lighter both way because the spring compresses when you release the pedal and decompresses when press down. So if you remove or change to a lighter spring, all it does is make it harder both ways. It does nothing to resolve the issue of engage point and lack of modulation.

However, I am sure that we can master it by paying more attention to where the engagement point is and release the clutch accordingly. I found shifting at 2500 rpm from 1st to 2nd generates less jerkiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican170 View Post
I took off the spring all together to see how it felt. Im not getting that "wow" factor like a lot of people on here are. I still feel like that pedal is stiff with no feel. I guess its slightly better but not as much as I had hoped for. 1st gear on this car is still frustrating to me. ive been driving manual since 16 yrs old and this is the only car I have ever driven where I get nervous if on a hill stopped, and worried ill stall, buck the car, or get it into gear at a higher RPM than desired.

Oh well...
nis350 is online now   Reply With Quote