View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bshields22
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Black 370Z-R
Bshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond repute

I have thought about this as well. Is is a DD? If not i would pass on the warranty. I had an 09' for a long time (stock). Went on track days, long road trips and put a lot of miles on it. Not 1 problem. Although it was a coupe, the engine, drivetrain and the rest of the car were gold.

The only think you honestly need to worry about is the top. I have heard its like $10K to fix/replace it mechanically.

I currently have a 2012 roadster as a weekend car. the top is always down to reduce the activity of the hydraulics and keep the fabric integrity strong for when i do need it up.

I would take a look at how often you activate the top. If you do it as frequently as rolling the windows down you may want to consider it. If you use the top once or twice a week then you might be ok without a warranty.

How far would you keep it past a another 2 years? If you plan on keeping it longer than that a 2 year warranty has little value. Murphy's law will cause any big issue after the extended warranty is over lol
Bshields22 is offline   Reply With Quote