View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 04:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

So, my story begin when I was in my third year of college, I bought a brand new G35 sedan. After a year, the 370z arrived our market; I liked the car and thought about changing my G for a Z. After deep thinking, I thought the G was the more practical and better DD (specially that I wanted a manual). I daily drove it for 6 years without having any major problems.

After I graduated and started working, I felt I wanted a new car, I want a sport car, being luxury is an addition. I went to every car dealer across the country, and at the end, I was weighting between a Carrera S and M4. Waited for the M4 to arrive locally and the price to be set, guess, $120k price tag. Are they serious?? I felt it is unreasonable at all, the Carrera S -which I think is the better car- was nearly the same price and I could buy a pre-owned for less. So, I waited for the right pre-owned Carrera to appear.

After sometime of searching, I heard a lot of stories from Porsche owners about how bad their service center, I started to see other cars, and I crossed by the 2014 Jeep GC, I started to like it, they made it better than 11-13 model in every aspect. Yeah I know it is a very different car, but sometime I think irrational, I thought this way "it’s nice to have a SUV after all that time with sedans". I went to the dealer, checked the prices and the trims available, and bought a full optioned Summit.

Decided to mod the G after all this time, slowly planned for my parts and how I will start with it. Suddenly, a Z popped up, I looked at it, a 2010 with around 8k mileage, outside and inside colors are perfect, Manual!!! After two days, the car was sitting into my home. Better late than never.

Now that is how it looked when I bought it.

So, I started directly with removing the stickers on the car (as the previous owner is the one who installed them and it's not a GT version), but left the 40th anniversary plate

and here my DD and fun car

Last edited by AlWakRa; 04-29-2016 at 05:04 AM.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote