View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 11:45 PM   #49 (permalink)
Elmo370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 nissan 370z Sp M6
Elmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond reputeElmo370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Seriously? A few GTM teaser pics and "we've come so far"? There's still the same number of NA 400whp Zs out there since you first started talking about doing this. 1- Shamu's old car. IIRC, that's a built 4.0 with a bunch of other goodies that probably cost as much for the motor as it did for the Z to put it in. 1Slow spent a mint to hit ~375whp.

A 400whp NA Z is for bragging rights only. It will get smoked by a FI Z at the same hp level in a straight line and coming out of a corner. If you're down with spending 2x the money for the same hp and much less torque, go for it. It's a cool project from an engineering standpoint, but the end result may be pretty underwhelming out in the real world.
For phunk's manifold I'm just hoping it will make better gains than the existing manifold's that are out now, especially in top end power. I wonder in conjunction with jun cam and larger TB's and a higher redline how much more power could his manifold produce. I think the manifold will be limited to the cars being tested.
Elmo370z is offline   Reply With Quote