View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
ahuimanu
Base Member

Drives: 09 honda civic
ahuimanu is on a distinguished road
Default Glass pits and scratches

Oh well, since this is a daily driver, I've finally started to notice tiny pits and scratches on the windshield that are certainly from crap coming up off the road.

The clear bra is doing its job so far, but the windshield is just "out there" and begging for some road grit, gravel and other such things. I live in Texas and there are a lot of jacked-up F-150s and what not (not to mention cattle trucks) and this is depressing.

Anyhow, any advice?

Fillers? Polish? Replacement?

I mean, I'm not going to replace the front windshield several times a year, but I'm trying to get a sense of what is normative here.

To reiterate, the pits and scratches are tiny, but I can see them in the sun now.

What a bummer. I went for the first six weeks like a dream (careful washing after a Junkman/Chemical Guys treatment within two weeks of ownership), and now I have this windscreen damage. Most say: it's cosmetic, deal with it. So the question here is, what can be done about this?

THANKS!

P.S. LOVING the Z, BTW. Of course, as soon as I take delivery (factory ordered), 2 weeks later, the 2016s come out. I like my rims better than what they are putting on the 2016s, however.

Last edited by ahuimanu; 05-16-2015 at 01:49 AM.
ahuimanu is offline   Reply With Quote