View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 12:03 AM   #94 (permalink)
VinceThe1
Base Member

Drives: '12 Z34 SR 6MT T/S/N
VinceThe1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yah.

im not necessarily just tirerack, i go to my local discount tire store to get tires mounted as they have the updated touchless mounters. discount tires also carry a full line of tires, but local stores dont keep the good tires in-stock.. thus i just buy from tirerack as they have them in-house.

if it was for a company mini van, decent tires for decent price is fine.
I guess you don't drive your Z like I drive mine...My "often sideways" driving style means I'm not after traction, and becuase of that driving style, my tires don't last for too long either. I don't see a point in buying tires that are $400 a piece if I'm gonna treat them like crap and have to replacae them after 6 months to a year.

I absolutely hate cheap tires and never buy the cheapeat thing out there...brands like mayrun or archillies tires are not in my radar. The coopers were a test tire because noone had put a 325 tire on a Nismo wheel before (that I could find), so I bought a used pair of Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 325/30R19s off ebay for a test fit (tires that are $450 a piece when new) because I wasn't even sure if 10.5" wheels can take 325s, and nowhere online could I find anyone who has done it...on any car. Those didn't work out because neither Discount Tire, Goodyear tire shop, or any other tire shop I went to could mount them. The reason ended up being that they are Runflats, and the sidewalls are very thick and stiff, so the beads can't pop over the inside lip...so the beads can't seat/seat...because 10.5 is too narrow for those (runflat) 325s. At Discount Tire (which do carry Bridgestones btw), they told me their computer says I can fit 325/30R19 and they offered me these tires, so I bought them for a test fit, I wouldn't of bought coopers otherwise.

Now that I've put a few thousand miles on them though, I'm really impressed with them. For that price (twice+ cheaper than anything else this size) the tire is fantastic...I really have no complaints. There's no vibration, theres no visual defects/bubbles. There's plenty of traction (want it or not), they have a good treadwear rating for a summer tire and I can confirm that as they are taking a lot of abuse without showing any real signs of wear after 5k miles. They seem even quieter than the 3 pairs of Bridgestones, and the pair of Hankooks I've had on... They're a very good tire IMHO. Are they worth it? I'd say definately.

Last edited by VinceThe1; 05-15-2015 at 12:17 AM.
VinceThe1 is offline   Reply With Quote