View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 11:34 AM   #3056 (permalink)
Kazzan11236
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z TourngSprt
Kazzan11236 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
Yup. Sure did. On a typical morning it wouldn't get above 155 (175-180 realistic temp). So yes. That was way too cool and if I left it on I would have wound up with sludge issues. Maybe a 19 row with block off plate would have been good but I found the stock oil cooler was sufficient. I had no oil cooling problems that everyone else mysteriously seemed to have on a 12+MY. But whatever. My car was fine without it and that's all that mattered.

I was also the only one-wheel wonder that VABAM couldn't keep up with even with his Quaife ATB.

Damn.

Yea i have a 14... correct me if im mistaken the oil coolers do come with a switch right? Therefor u can theoretically keep it off all the time unless the oil starts creeping above 220?

Every video i have ever seen, ppl always turn on the oil cooler before turning on the car.. Forgive my stupidness but im guessing u cant just switch it on when needed (on the fly)... Like during spirited driving when u see the temp rising but cant really pull over and stop to turn it on...
Kazzan11236 is offline   Reply With Quote