View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 05:26 PM   #38 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think any dimensions will be of benefit to those wanting to build a stealth box Reason is the shape of the area where you will fit the enclosure - it's like a trapezium with wavey short sides. To get the basic shape, trace the short flap end if your boot mat (ie the side that fits in front of the strut towers but between the rear glove box plastics. This will be the lid of your sub box but you'll need to get the sander and jigsaw out to trim this piece to fit (remember, it's wood, not floppy carpet so to get the thing to sit flush you will need to trim it smaller to squeeze it in).

The rest is up to you - building a box is pretty straight forward but follow my posts on page 2 for some tips.

OP's one is super neat, i love it. I sold my Z with my enclosure still
naked MDF. I just put the boot mat over it and the amp
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote