Thread: Idle Drop?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

what JARblur said - it's pretty straight forward and i recommend you perform the coolant line delete on both sides while you're there because they get in the way. The hardest part is the bolts underneath - you need some long hex sockets.

Try not to manually actuate the throttle flap if yours isnt too soiled because that's how a lot of people encountered problems. You wont need to reset anything or do any relearns if you dont disconnect the harness to the TB. BUT i highly recommend you follow the 3 relearn steps word by word because it makes a huge difference to idle stability.
I know this goes against my advice but i could see a lot of hard carbon where the flap meets the throat of the TB so i manually operated the flap and wedged it open with a
rolled rag while i cleaned each half plus the edge of the flap itself. I also had the TBs disconnected from the harnesses too - tread carefully!
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote