View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 04:12 PM   #38 (permalink)
Asheth
Track Member

Drives: 09 Blk 6mt
Asheth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Asheth

I have always disliked these kind of posts because they only look at HP without consideration of target market or marketing. All those cars listed in the OP have a back seat and provide much more practicality than the Z. You can get more groceries, more kids, more chicks, and more passengers when you UBER in all those cars. That is just as big a selling point to the average customer as the HP. The Z provides very utility in comparison.

If someone is cross shopping that list and lets say the Z had as much HP as those mentioned if they have 2-3 kids the backseats will most really sway their decision.

Also as mentioned when the Z came out it's HP wasn't a crisis. It was designed to target the Cayman at the time.

There is no crisis the Z is a niche car and Nissan expects niche sales. This same kind of thinking comes from those that think Nissan should market said niche car with as many commercials as they give the Maxima and Altima. Now point me to the numbers that show how many manufacturers go on a full media blitz for their 2 door 2 seat sports cars. I have never seen tons of Chevy Corvette or Mazda Miata commercials.
180 customs Headlights - Yantech Backup Camera - Projekt 1 - Stillen Gen 3- EVO-R V2 Foglight, EVO-R CF Diffuser, Carbon Fiber Element Steering wheel - Fast Intentions TDX/RHFC's - RJM A.F.P. - Z1 Oil Cooler - 2015 Nismo Conversion.
Asheth is offline   Reply With Quote