View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:41 AM   #66 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDatl404 View Post
I've got plenty of experience modifying cars, just not 370s which is why I asked for insight from the community. I don't want to boost the car if the driveline is fragile. I love the 370z. Super fun car, but more power is always welcome if it can be done without affecting reliability or forcing me to change the way I drive my car.
Do you have experience boosting a NA car? That's probably the key experience you would want.. As mentioned, a number of people are going strong on FI, and those that have had problems are typically due to the tune.

The Z bones are fairly strong. 7AT is pretty much the weak point; 6MT less so but still needs new CSC and clutch to handle FI. Motor is pretty stout to a certain point. A lot of the supporting mods are for cooling purposes. The Z likes to run hot even when NA, so it's important that cooling is a priority when boosting.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote