View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 10:24 PM   #83 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairprime View Post
All, After having read this thread, I followed the wider tire advice. I went with Hankook Ventus Evo2s all around. I used the 265/35ZR19 up front and the 305/30ZR19 in the back. Plenty beefy as tires go. Very good grip in the wet. It's been raining here in North Texas for the last 7-10 days. The tracking is very crisp. I got a fresh alignment due to the toe wear on all 4 OEM tires. The OEM Bridgestone S001s lasted 19400 miles (Surprised even me). Steering effort with the Evo2s is nice and light at speed. Not overly stiff at crawling speeds.

Just my $.02 worth.

Tip of the hat to VinceThe1 for a good write-up and suggestion. My '14 Nismo thanks you as well.
The Hankook Evo2 is very good in wet conditions versus pretty much anything in the Max performance / Extreme Performance category. There are a few tires that trump, but I don't remember the comparison (don't have time to search right now either). If I were in an environment that got a good deal of rain and/or didn't drop below 40F very often, I would run those all year round (which is what I did in TX). The ADVAN is awesome when it is dry and horrible when it is wet, but it can take the cold and freezing temps very well.

I am very tempted to try out the RE-11, but I do not like the price or the wet traction ratings the I have seen in the past. Who knows, I could end up in Baltimore and we all know how that goes (I'm from there, so I really do know).
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote