View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 01:27 PM   #62 (permalink)
KratikosG37
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 TT Wrapped G37
KratikosG37 will become famous soon enoughKratikosG37 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_jelly View Post
7 months update:

Now the laundry list of things: sigh...
- Radio wasn't seated back (granted, I had a rats nest back there but I got it to fit w/o shorting)
- Car misfired in bank 6 around 4k rpm (replaced injectors seem to fixed it)
- Couldn't turn over in colder temperatures without multiple cranks (FL is a sunny 70 when tuned)
- Bunch of missing bumper/fender clips along with an utterly destroyed undertray
- PCV return on intake manifold was cracked which most likely contributed to rough idle and misfires. I found a bunch of oil on the back side of the intake manifold so I added a catch can.
- Bunch of small vaccum/boost leaks everywhere (varying sized hoses and T's used to route boost lines)
- 2 bolts on transmission bell housing that secure the transmission to the engine block were floating and not torqued down
- Cross pipe from driver side headers to up-pipe was not heat wrapped (seems like a silly thing not to do since the exhaust pipe sat 1" away from transmission)
- Bunch of small items went missing and I had to reorder and overnight them (i'll leave it at that)
- Bunch of gauges I ordered didn't seem to work even though they were brand new? (I guess AEM LEDs blow out often)
- Car was missing 2.5qt of oil and 1/2 gallon of radiator fluid when delivered
- Tank cover over fuel pump left floating
- Fuel regulator secured to firewall with 1 screw
- Clutch wasn't bled properly and 2/3 of the pedal was dead. It was damn impossible to get the car into gear without smashing the clutch pedal. (I replaced it with a Tilton MC and SS lines)
- Lower transmission cover, clutch line cover missing
- PS line seem to sweat and needed replacement
- Sandwich plate plug needed tightening
- Sweet looking crash bar held onto frame rail with 2 bolts on either side instead of the 4 that exist

Sorry to hear this this, it's sadness me that shops do this. It was awesome that the man in the wheelchair showed up to help, but look at all the stuff that went wrong.

Our cars is like our kids you want the best for them no matter the cost. If I'm paying full cost for my car to be worked on I shall never sent on a gamble. That's why I speak to Z1, not trying to be a fanboy just stating what works for me.

I'd would get the locate shop to fix, and re-assemble the car. Double check behind every move, than get Jon at Z1 to do a turn key tune using data logs.

Won't even take the chance of doing it any other way.

Good luck hope it works out for you.