Thread: Clutch bleed
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Merv
Track Member

Drives: 11 GM grey sport tou
Merv has a reputation beyond reputeMerv has a reputation beyond reputeMerv has a reputation beyond reputeMerv has a reputation beyond reputeMerv has a reputation beyond reputeMerv has a reputation beyond reputeMerv has a reputation beyond reputeMerv has a reputation beyond reputeMerv has a reputation beyond reputeMerv has a reputation beyond reputeMerv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clutch bleed

Posted on a thread that showed up in diy section and probably won't see the light of day,so I'll post here.
Anybody change there break and clutch fluid when it still looks clean and is full in the resivour,and notice a difference in the clutch? My clutch feels like it has half the peddle length to the floor than it normally does,but only in the morning after the car sits all night. At first it would do it once in a while,but now is a common occurrence. I'm thinking that it has absorbed a bunch of moisture,so it's lost its ability to keep pressure. After about ten minutes it's fine. I got the car last October so I don't know when the fluid has been changed,or if at all. I bought fluid anyways and will be bleeding the system for peace of mind,but was curious if anybody has ran into these symptoms with the clutch,but still had decent and clean fluid.
Edit: hoping cnc is not on its way out. Girlfriend will kill me when I tell her I need a stage 3 clutch to go along with a new cnc or delete!

Last edited by Merv; 05-11-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Merv is offline   Reply With Quote