View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 09:45 PM   #42 (permalink)
ufoz8mycow
Track Member

Drives: Black Cherry '12 Z
ufoz8mycow has a brilliant futureufoz8mycow has a brilliant futureufoz8mycow has a brilliant futureufoz8mycow has a brilliant futureufoz8mycow has a brilliant futureufoz8mycow has a brilliant futureufoz8mycow has a brilliant futureufoz8mycow has a brilliant futureufoz8mycow has a brilliant futureufoz8mycow has a brilliant futureufoz8mycow has a brilliant future

I ran my stock oil-coolered 2012 at a track day in Vegas a few weeks ago (2.4 mile road course). Ambient temps around 80-85 and sunny all day. I would do about 3-4 laps, temps would shoot up to 270+, no limp mode, run a slower lap to cool down, get the temp back to 260, run another couple laps until it got hot again.... Lather, rinse, repeat, all day long. Bonus fun: Pop your hood in the pits and watch your power steering fluid boil.

So yes, you can run your stock car at the track all day and generally be fine as long as the ambient temps aren't too hot. But let's face it, as soon as you run one track day you'll immediately become addicted and start modding your car for the track - the first mod will always be an oil cooler.

Speaking of cooling - does anybody run the Z1 power steering cooler? Any reviews? Or other suggestions for a good PS cooler? That's next on my list after the oil cooler.
ufoz8mycow is offline   Reply With Quote