View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 05:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
DElrose91
Base Member

Drives: 09 PW 370z M6
DElrose91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I would like to just be clear and say that Z1 never recommended that I upgrade my brake lines to SS. I was in the market for SS brake lines and asked them some questions regarding the premium vs non-premium versions they sell. They were very honest and even recommended the less expensive, non-premium version because of those troublesome banjo bolts.

Too bad they didn't mention this you the first time. Though, I would be hesitant to blame them too much for that. You bought the whole Akebono upgrade, so their support concerns would be more along the lines of 'will your wheels clear the new calipers' and such. The banjo bolts are a known problem for many that have worked on them. If you had asked Z1 about SS lines specifically, I expect they would have steered you away from them.

Regardless, I hope you get everything sorted out and get those beautiful calipers installed asap

If i recall, when i ordered the whole kit i asked them if i should get brake lines or could i use stock? They said if ur gonna use stock you would need special banjo bolts, so i asked if its recommended. I remember them telling me id be fine with the banjo bolts. Whatever i dont blame them for not recommending it, i guess i should have done my research. But i dont like how they act like they never heard of any problems with the bolts. Anyways thanks for the feed back hopefully i get them on soon, ill be sure to post pics
DElrose91 is offline   Reply With Quote