View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DElrose91 View Post
I completely agree with you. Im concerned because a few people on here have been advised by z1 to upgrade the lines. Ive spoken to them many times about this and no one has ever mentioned to me that people have problems with the bolts. They make it seem like they never heard of this issue before. If they would have just said the first time i called "yea, a lot of people have this problem, if you get the ss brake lines this will help" I would have saved a lot of time money and effort.
I would like to just be clear and say that Z1 never recommended that I upgrade my brake lines to SS. I was in the market for SS brake lines and asked them some questions regarding the premium vs non-premium versions they sell. They were very honest and even recommended the less expensive, non-premium version because of those troublesome banjo bolts.

Too bad they didn't mention this you the first time. Though, I would be hesitant to blame them too much for that. You bought the whole Akebono upgrade, so their support concerns would be more along the lines of 'will your wheels clear the new calipers' and such. The banjo bolts are a known problem for many that have worked on them. If you had asked Z1 about SS lines specifically, I expect they would have steered you away from them.

Regardless, I hope you get everything sorted out and get those beautiful calipers installed asap

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote