View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 06:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
ctzn
inquisitive

Drives: G35
ctzn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC@MYGTR View Post
the auto on the new Z isnt bad. i mean the paddles are a welcomed addition but dont let it fool you its very much a traditional automatic. some people are diehard 6MT guys but if your debating the two your open to a 7AT and after driving both back to back i think they more or less performed about the same more or less
Couldn't have said it better. If the paddle shifting in the Z involved the same tranny in the GTR is would be a different story, but there is no getting around it, even if it is improved.

I am a die hard 6MT guy myself so I won't go into arguing about it, but I will say it is rather concerning for me to hear people say they plan on driving while on their phones so much. It has recently become illegal to be on your phone (without a headset) in CA and I personally feel much more comfortable driving around now, I hope the rest of the country follows suit soon. It makes me very nervous to know I am on the same road with people texting and reading emails on their phones while they are driving.

For me it comes down to what kind of car I am driving. The 370 is obviously built as more of a sports car than most others, therefore I feel it proper to go with a manual. If was looking for comfort and luxury I would have gotten a TSX or an accord. But I understand that some people want both, so to each their own I guess.
ctzn is offline   Reply With Quote