View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 05:57 AM   #55 (permalink)
KratikosG37
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 TT Wrapped G37
KratikosG37 will become famous soon enoughKratikosG37 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roplusbee View Post
Good preventative maintenance stuff there, but I doubt I will ever be on the drag strip. I will get it on on a great road or an actual road course.

I would like to replace the VLSD with an aftermarket unit, but I haven't felt the need up to this point.

I tend to call that piggy bank the "oh ****" fund. If you engineer or over-engineer your build to handle or surpass a performance level AND you still have major issues, it was just meant to be. I had major issues when I built for a specific performance goal. I should have built for a goal that fell withing a range instead. I have also purchased things more than once because I didn't get the quality part and it broke (and usually took things with it) or I didn't get what suited my performance need / driving style. Either way, I learned my lesson a long time ago on vehicles from the same era of early fuel injection.
That's why I did what I did. After racing a GTS Viper for about 30 mins my rear end fluid was boiling. Nismo Diff, and bushings helped with the issues. Bushings we're more for "hey the car is in the air lets do it now".