View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 10:24 PM   #53 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KratikosG37 View Post
G37 is about the same. You don't need a aftermarket LSD for street use, but if you're doing road racing that's another story.

I'm on stock shocks, tien spring kit, and factory LCD. It does decent in the 60ft, but not so will in corners. Unless you're aiming towards some performance goal they're no need to change LSD. Just my opinion.

Maintenance I did Nismo Diff cover, vent line, rear end bushings, and better grade fluid.
Good preventative maintenance stuff there, but I doubt I will ever be on the drag strip. I will get it on on a great road or an actual road course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
I noticed an improvement when I switched from the crap Nissan calls VLSD to a Quaife when hauling azz around a certain round-about to and from work. I think it's worth the money, the VLSD is CRAP.
I would like to replace the VLSD with an aftermarket unit, but I haven't felt the need up to this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
When you modify for more power, things are going to break. Be ready for them in the piggy bank. I went through 2 trannies in my 1975 280zt before I finally found an original T5 turbo car trans. First trans exploded under full boost at 11psi, 2nd one ripped 3 teeth off the counter gear for 5th while passing a car. For the folks who haven't had any issues, you will.
I tend to call that piggy bank the "oh ****" fund. If you engineer or over-engineer your build to handle or surpass a performance level AND you still have major issues, it was just meant to be. I had major issues when I built for a specific performance goal. I should have built for a goal that fell withing a range instead. I have also purchased things more than once because I didn't get the quality part and it broke (and usually took things with it) or I didn't get what suited my performance need / driving style. Either way, I learned my lesson a long time ago on vehicles from the same era of early fuel injection.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote