View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 10:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
DElrose91
Base Member

Drives: 09 PW 370z M6
DElrose91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheth View Post
Couldn't he have easily did a dispute? Easily done with PayPal. I've spent over $3000 at Z1 in the last 2 months probably $5000 total since last year. No issues and customer service is always good. I usually ask for Joel or talk to Jon or Rod if Joel doesn't answer. No issues at all.

This just sounds like impatience to me. Why mess with the product and attempt to make it work if it didn't work as you intended. I bought a brand new exhaust from Ark. I took it to 4 places they all said the left tail pipe was wrong. My choices were to send it back or take it and get it re-welded to fit. I chose to re-weld it but I knew at that point it was out of my own pocket and if something happened it was on me. I wouldn't be able to warranty any issues for that section because I chose to modify it. I did that after multiple conversations with Ark. I have been impatient and just want it to "work" spent my own money but I knew what went along with it.

If this was any other product and not automotive related the same would apply to just about any company.

Maybe Z1 will help out since you brought it up on the forums. I don't feel they should be obligated to just because you couldn't wait and exercise patience. I do hope you get to some resolution.

I agree with you i really do. I knew what i was getting into, like i said at first i thought it was my fault it was stripped. So i spent the money on the repair. The second time it was no good i blamed the machine shop. But now that the other caliper has been stripped i just cant believe it, its gotta be the bolt. There is no way it should be this complicated to install calipers, especially brand new ones.
It sucks because now the fix is to buy new calipers with new banjo bolts, so on top of the $1900 i spent plus repairs $200, i will need to buy 2 new calipers for $700. $2800 for sport brakes? Come on I could have bought cheap stoptechs for a little more. Not to mention the low quality rotors that came with it, im sorry but my stock base breaks have never mad a noise in 43000 miles, these new upgrades rotors squeak obnoxiously loud almost every time i stop when first driving the car for the day.

In the ideal situation, id like to see something done about this, as i am not happy at all with what i have received. Although z1 may be a good reputable store they have failed to make the customer happy on his purchase. I am far from happy, as would be anyone who spends a lot and doesnt get what they wanted. Maybe something like a discount on the new calipers i have to buy or something anything.
DElrose91 is offline   Reply With Quote