View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
DElrose91
Base Member

Drives: 09 PW 370z M6
DElrose91 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
EDIT:

I've re-read this a few times now

1. Paragraphs people.

2. 2 professional auto mechanics didn't check the fit of all the lines before trying to bolt it on your car?

3. If you checked before hand and it didn't fit up snug, THAT'S when you should've sent it back. Not gone out to a shop to modify them.

4. Your auto mechanic friends don't have a tap and die set? Harbor Freight sells them for $50.

5. Sorry, welcome to modifying your car. Now that you modified them, I don't expect Z1 to help. Also, how was your attitude when you called? Most people call enraged... There isn't $400 of profit in the brakes, I wouldn't expect $400 back from them

6. Discs are cast iron, they rust. Apply some high temp black paint

Thanks for the feedback. The bolts fit fine without the calipers being on the car. And z1 told me on the phone before i ordered that all i would need was these banjo bolts to install.

I did call z1 and explain the situation before modifying, and they told me they cannot help me with the threads not being good. Also, my stock brakes were beyond anything useable, so i told them i didnt have time and I had to get this fixed asap. Bottom line who likes spending a couple thousand on brand new parts to have them be no good. My question was what was everyones experience like with z1 and akebono brakes? Not oh z1 is terrible. I agree they are in a tough spot but im not happy either way. I hope thats understandable
DElrose91 is offline   Reply With Quote