View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 02:25 PM   #48 (permalink)
Junkman2008
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Junkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond reputeJunkman2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mliebs View Post
Junkman, I just finished watching some of your videos and found them quite entertaining and informative. I have a quick question for you. I have a UDM (ultimate detailing machine) which is a Porter Cable, and a Flex 3401. I recently purchased a 2015 370z and plan on clay baring it and polishing it when I'm on vacation next month. I only plan on using Menzerna Super Finish after using the clay but wanted to know if a green pad was good enough or if I should go to a white pad. I have a couple of white pads but have several green pads that I've never used. I'm currently using Lake Country pads but have about 6 green pads from properautocare that they don't make any more. It looks like they were probably made by Lake Country (due to the pattern on the front) but they have rounded edges and the back half of the pad is blue instead of being solid green. Do you have any suggestions? I'm also using Blackfire Wet Diamond or Wolfgang 3.0 sealant when I'm finished (I have both on hand).
This ain't my thread so I will post my answer in my thread concerning this topic.