View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
DElrose91
Base Member

Drives: 09 PW 370z M6
DElrose91 is on a distinguished road
Default Thoughts on Z1 Motorsports

Just wondering everyones thoughts on purchasing parts from Z1. I am currently going through a bad experience with them and they dont seem to want to help. I ordered the akebono brake upgrade kit from them for my base 370, and have had nothing but problems. The first time i tried to install the brakes, i did it with 2 professional auto mechanics (and I am not new to doing brakes myself. I installed all parts smoothly untill i noticeds one of the banjo bolts did not catch the threads in one of the front calipers. We tryed multiple different things and could not get it to bolt up. At this point we thought maybe we stripped it by accident, even though it shouldnt be easy to do that. We took it to a machine shop and I had it rethreaded, as soon as I went to install it again the bolt would not get tight enough to secure the brake line, and we took it back. We had it rethreaded again, $200 later. We installed the brake with the other banjo bolt and it went smoothly, finally the brake was on. We went to go install the other front caliper and we had the same problem. The bolt would not tighten and the threads eventually stripped. We were more than careful about stripping it again after the first time. I have been trying to get Z1 to help out and they are no help. They will not give a refund, they will not do anything to help out, even though their bolt is responsible for over $400 worth of damage on my brand new brakes. This should not be the case when you spend almost $2000 on a brake kit. They keep telling me they will call me back and have yet to do so. I am not happy at all with my experience with them. I am out $2000 and still do not have my brakes on my car. Also, the rotors they gave me rust INSTANTLY and squeak louder than any other brakes Ive ever heard.

Has anyone else had a bad experience with z1 or installing akebono brakes?
DElrose91 is offline   Reply With Quote