View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 09:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel370Z View Post
Hey guys a few questions:
  1. Are the Car Washes with the machines bad for the car? Some people swear by hand wash only.
  2. How often do you wax your car? Mine is a weekend car only and I park outside.
  3. I assume everytime you wash your car, whether by yourself or a car wash that the previous coat of wax comes off, so I guess is it without saying that after every wash you should re-wax?
  4. If I simply throw water over the car to remove dust or spray burst bird poop with water, will that remove a coat of wax?

Thanks!
1. machine wash can damage your car. in fact, on the nismo models, there's even a warning sticker on the rear spoiler that machine wash could damage the car.
2. if water doesn't bead off of my car, then i wax. usually about once every 2 months for me.
3. no, water and soap shouldn't wash away the wax coating immediately. too much waxing can do more damage than good.
4. again, water won't immediately wash away wax.
vtec to vvel is offline   Reply With Quote