View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 09:38 PM   #1319 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Are you saying that an AT without paddle shifters does not match engine and transmission speeds when downshifting? I don't believe that is true. All AT cars rev match or else they would just grind the transmission whenever they downshifted.

I don't know of any AT car with paddle shifters that does not rev match. In an AT car without paddle shifters you might still have a stick mode similar to the Z's manual mode - and the car will rev match whenever you use the stick to downshift. Or in an AT car without any sort of manual mode, you just mash down the gas pedal to downshift. The engine RPMs increase when the transmission makes the shift - aka rev matching.
not true. all auto's do not rev match. for example, my buddy's lexus is auto and if i move the shifter into a lower gear, yes the rpm will raise, but not in the rev-match way. it sounds like a manual downshifting where you put in a lower gear and slowly release the clutch where the rpms go up on its own and no gas pedal involvement for rev-matching whatsoever.
vtec to vvel is offline   Reply With Quote