View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones Boy View Post
I don't shop at Wal-Mart for this very reason. My wife took my 3 month old Tahoe up to Wal-Mart in the spring a couple years ago. We were having the typical 35 to 40 mph spring winds in Oklahoma. Well, my wife does what I've taught her to do and parks out in the boonies, to protect from door dings. She is about to get out of the car and feels/hears this loud bang. She thinks she's been backed into or hit by another car. She glances around and doesn't see any cars and figures it was something weird. So she goes into the store and shops. Well on the way out she is walking up to the car and can see the massive dent in the driver side door. So she comes home and tells me. Well I'm like why didn't you go in and talk to the manager of the store. She says they won't do anything because of the signs on the cart returns that says they aren't responsible for damages. So I call my uncle lawyer and ask him and he says to go back up there right away and talk to the manager. Needless to say Wal-Mart's claim department found them not liable for damages, and i got stuck with the 1000 dollar repair bill.

So, I don't shop there anymore. Oh yeah, Wal-Mart actually has a form for baskets hitting cars. It has spots for pictures and damage descriptions and so forth.

The parking on the highest point is a good idea!
Signs don't mean anything. I would have taken that to civil court, and make them prove how they aren't liable (they own the lot, they own the carts, they have employees that their job responsibility is to collect carts), just because they put up a sign.
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote