View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 09:52 AM   #47 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Well with regard to tire size choices, the G is a little different. I am going to go out on a limb and say that it can be done with the right suspension and a little convincing.

With the stock LSD and such, I never had any issues. I don't drag race, nor have I had the Z on a circuit. The only arenas I have had the pleasure of attacking are private sessions on specific interesting roads and the awesome roads surrounding Fontana Village. If that isn't good enough of a test bed, I don't know what is.

When it comes to suspension and driveline bits, I suggest you get to know how YOUR car behaves to YOUR driving style and current power level. If you recently installed a bunch of go fast bits, get used to her again and then determine what you need IF you need upgrades in that department. The general consensus is to do bushings and mounts, but even those are a case by case basis. I changed out my engine mounts, but left the transmission mount alone until I could determine the effectiveness of the change. Throwing parts at a car before you get a feel for it is just plain crazy and expensive (especially if you have to get something different).

I learned that the hard way when I was into B12-B13 Sentras and S13 240SX Fastbacks. The key is only changing the things that make a positive impact on the area(s) that you feel are lacking in reference to the feedback you get with YOUR driving style.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote