View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 11:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Yuras View Post
There is zero point in trying to tune out a hiss. It just exists. Its the note the motor makes on decel. I just had my car tuned at UPREV and they said it was perfectly normal. No performance loss at all.

Its no different than the Ford 302 motor having a prettier exhaust note than a Chevy 350..
You can't tune it out electronically -- but you can "tune" it out mechanically with the right piping and/or resonator.

Changes in diameter on the Y or H will definitely exacerbate the hiss and rasp or rattle will definitely be more apparent with unresonated TP's or HFC's.

I should also note that the OEM standard exahust pipe has rubber "weights" ("slugs"?) affixed to it (can't recall exact location) that are almost certainly designed as NVH cancelers. The S-tune Nismo (Y) and the OEM Nismo (H) don't seem to have these weights as I recall.