Thread: 10" or 12" Subs
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 07:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

I currently have a Stereo Integrity BM Mark 4 Sub. The previous model, the Mark 3, and the Mark 4 are widely considered to be one of the best SQ subwoofers you can get your hands on. They are both shallow mounts.
Technology in the shallow mount arena has grown by leaps and bounds in recent years, and many of the current offerings are outstanding performers. On the other hand, if you are planning on running in the SPL lanes at your local stereo competition, I would stick with a traditional subwoofer.
That being said, I seriously doubt that anyone could discern between a shallow mount, and traditional mount subwoofer in a blind hearing test, all other factors being the same.
I have heard the type R in more than one vehicle, and it is also a great sounding Sub.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals

Last edited by RonRizz; 05-08-2015 at 07:24 PM.
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote