View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 05:02 PM   #4023 (permalink)
Memphis370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 MB
Memphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond reputeMemphis370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
Didn't want to say it earlier, but I thought it sounded like a bb in a paint can or a plinko machine. Hard to replicate, but decided it was the right side. Pulled the wheel and everything looked good. Humm, then something caught my eye. A broken bolt laying in the undertray right by the power steering. This is what I fished out. I suspect it is a broken demon bolt from when I had a shop remove the OEM cats. Odd thing, I tried to fish it out with my magnet and it isn't magnetic. It believe it is 10mm. Any idea where this may have come from if it wasn't a demon bolt? If so, it's been hiding in the engine bay for a few months. Car feels fine, no shimmy, vibration or pull. I guess hitting the pot hole shock it loose from where it was hiding?
Glad you found the source of the noise and could account for the bolt. That would have irritated me, for sure.

Last edited by Memphis370Z; 05-08-2015 at 05:05 PM.