View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 08:09 AM   #8080 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
Someone explain this to my newb mind.

Civic LX 2012.

Stock tire size: 195/65R-15
GF ordered size: 205/65-15

That 10 shouldn't make any difference, yet the shop she took it to said the tire is to big for the wheel and will just fall off. Yet stock for a Cobalt are 215's even though I was running 245's. I'm confused.
A 195/65R15 would be closer to the original size in diameter and revolutions per mile.

Still the 205/65R15 should be OK being only 2.3% larger in diameter. Going up to 3% larger is normally not a problem in cars and up to 10% larger in a truck. the difference in size is only 6/10 inch in diameter of 3/10 of an inch in radius. I would rather doubt that you need to be concerned with such a small increase in size.

You are right that the 65 series tires will give you a better ride and they will likely give a slight improvement in snow traction and fuel economy due to being a bit narrower.

I had a 2004 Suzuki Aerio SX which took 195/55R15 tires. I bought 14 inch tires and wheels for it and liked them much better.
Source(s):
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?m...

Googled it lol